Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week 2 - Done! Run report and other stuff

What a week it has been!  I feel like a lot has happened this week, but that's probably just my imagination.

I completed my weekly runs as scheduled.  Feeling pretty good about that!  Keep in mind, all of my runs are done using the Galloway run/walk method and include both a 5 minute warm up and cool down walk.  So my "runs" are always 10 minutes (+/-) longer than what I have scheduled.

Monday - 30 minute run
Total time:  40 minutes
Total distance:  2.75 miles
Mile 1:  15:15
Mile 2:  13:33
Nubbin:  11:13
Average pace:  14:33
Interval used:  1:00/1:00

Wednesday - 30 minute run
Total time:  40 minutes
Total distance:  2.76 miles
Mile 1:  14:41
Mile 2:  13:09
Nubbin:  12:12
Average pace:  14:30
Interval used:  2:00/1:00

Saturday - 4 mile run
Total time:  1:05
Total distance:  4.56 miles
Mile 1:  15:17
Mile 2:  14:12
Mile 3:  13:38
Mile 4:  13:04
Nubbin:  9:03
Average pace:  14:18
Interval used:  1:00/1:00

Total run mileage for this week:  10.07

I think I really like the 1:00/1:00 interval.  I find that my breathing and heart rate stay more consistent, and I feel good after my runs instead of feeling like I've been beat up.  Next week's schedule is the same, except Saturday is a 5 mile run.

One thing I did discover this week:  Do NOT run in these
two times in a row when you're not used to running in them.  I wore my Vibrams for my Monday & Wednesday runs.  Let me just say, my calves were SOOOO sore on Thursday!  Needless to say, I wore my regular running shoes for today's run.

Now for other stuff:
If you've never heard of Bountiful Baskets, I urge you to look them up.  http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/
I've been buying my produce through this organization every other week since October.  A basket in my area costs me $16.50. Unfortunately, organic baskets aren't offered yet.  I get so much more than I could buy in the grocery store for the same amount.  I do have to drive a little further, but it's totally worth it!  This is what I picked up this morning.


There are fresh green beans in the paper bag.  The other items are romaine (2), grape tomatoes, green bell peppers, onions, potatoes, grapefruit, oranges, Fuji apples, and bananas.  I have a friend who purchased her first basket this week, and when she picked it up this morning she was amazed at how much was in it.  And this is good quality food!

It hit me today that Christmas is just a week away.  I am so NOT ready for the holidays.  I still have gifts to mail, gifts to buy, a house to decorate...you get the picture.  We were supposed to go out of town for the holidays, but my husband needs dental work done so we're staying here.  That decision was made early this week.  Needless to say, the house isn't decorated at all yet.  And since my husband travels for his job, and has been out of town for quite a while, it all falls on me to get things done.

I'm really not complaining about that, just feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I have to finish cleaning up the house, get the decorations/tree out of storage, figure out what's happening Christmas day, etc.  But I start my vacation on Wednesday, and I still have tomorrow, so it's all good.  I WILL get this done.  Maybe not to the nth degree that I usually try for, but it doesn't have to be perfect.  I'm not going to have many people at my house this year, unlike last year which was pretty stacked.


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment