Monday, December 5, 2011

First Training Run...DONE!

I did my first training run today.  I have to say, it was tough.  I haven't run for a while, and I was running on a treadmill.  I'd much rather run outside, but it's cold and damp here today.  It's definitely time to look into getting some cold weather running gear.

Run stats:
Total time:  40 minutes
5:00 warm up walk at 3.5
30:00 run/walk - 2:00/1:00 intervals (one 2:00 walk in the middle)Ac
5:00 cool down walk at varying speeds - started at 4:00 and worked down to 3.0

5:00 stretching

According to the TM, I did 2.66 miles and burned 190.4 calories.  And yes, I do run slow.  But I get to where I'm going, so it's all good!

Have a great night!  I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jayne! Congrats on your run! And, I was inside on the treadmill, too. I'm going through physical therapy for my back & find the treadmill easier on it.

    So, what Half are you training for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana! I'm training for the Zooma Texas Half Marathon. It's in Austin/Bastrop on 3/31/2012.

    ReplyDelete