Thursday, April 12, 2012

Amazing Dinner!

I actually cooked tonight...and it was amazing!



Salmon fillet sprinkled with lime juice & cajun seasoning, baked on top of yellow squash and asparagus.  The veggies were sprinkled with garlic & pepper.

The other side is a barley salad.  I can't take any credit for this as I got the idea from an online friend.
Cook barley as directed on package.  I used quick cooking barley.  Sweat some chopped onion in a little olive oil over low to medium heat.  Add minced garlic and fresh oregano, and saute a little more.  Add some chopped tomato and allow to cook for a couple of minutes to release the juice from the tomatoes.  Add the barley to the tomato mixture and heat for a couple of minutes.  Add the juice from a lemon and greens of your choice.  My friend used spinach, but since I didn't have any I used torn up romaine lettuce.  Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese before serving.

Nom nom nom nom!  So good!  I wish I could say that the hubster enjoyed it as well, but, alas, he wasn't home for dinner tonight (he's not a big fish fan, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment